Friday, September 17, 2010

Hand Print Apple Tree

I got this idea from Frugal Family Fun Blog. As we all do, I modified it a bit to suit our needs and resources at the time.

It would be nice to start with a cut-out of your little one's hand that they have coloured themselves, but Short Daughter just wasn't in the mood, so I traced her hand onto a piece of bark coloured (sort of) paper and used that as the trunk and branches.

It's not hard to free draw the green leafy outline, but MS Word has a thought bubble that I printed onto a piece of green paper and cut out.

I was charmed by the idea of using real crab apples, cut in half, for the apples. But I wondered how practical it would be in the long run. Afterall the apples won't keep forever - and how would I store it? I had the pink 'gem' stones left over from her birthday party and, if I do say so myself, think they add a classy touch.

The butterfly fell off an earlier craft project that was on the fridge door.

No comments:

Post a Comment