Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Letter C


 So many great words to work with starting with C.


I printed out a big C on plain white paper (a font size of about 800pt fits on A4 paper), glued it onto a piece of black paper and cut that out.  Then some white strips made it a road.  Our cars were purchased stickers, but you can see that they wouldn't be too hard to make yourself.  Short Daughter thought the clovers would be a good idea - and they start with C.




DLTK had this great Cowboy Cloud craft here.  I cut out each of the elements the night before so, when Short Daughter wanted to craft, we were ready to go.




 
This caterpillar (with numbers) was a beaut find at First School. Short Daughter loved colouring the circles and placing them in order.  Of course we had to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar that night.

I also found this cat on First School.  Short Daughter had a ball painting the tail, ears, face and paws with watercolours.  

She was keen to see it assembled, so didn't bother with the body.  I grabbed the glue stick and some black glitter to create the stripes.  How good is this going to look, printed on orange paper, when we get to T for Tiger?


I just sort of made the designs up as I went, but the girls (and fortunately Short Daugher's friend's Mum) loved the results.

Tip: Not all face paints wash off easily.

I cut a piece of craft paper in half lengthwise and stuck the two bits together to make a long strip.
Then I cut one long edge to a sort of crown shape using my pinking shears.  A few snips with my star cutter, the girls added the bling and - voila!




Not all activities need to be complicated.  Colouring in this cow picture kept Short Daughter occupied for a good half an hour.  She was justifiably proud of the result.



 
So I covered 7 toilet paper rolls with craft paper and glossy Mod Podge, then cut them in half.  I punched two holes at each end of the rolls and used string to tie them together.  A couple of googly eyes completed another caterpillar.  This one provided a toy for Short Daugher and her friend that lasted several days.


 


This Crocodile was another find at DLTK's site.  Again I cut all the pieces out the night before.  I actually made one myself to be sure it would work and to give Short Daughter an idea of how it would look when completed.  Glad I did, because this one is not as simple as you might expect.



 
Finally C is for Cubbyhouse.  Two chairs and a blanket.

Short Daughter has had hours of fun with this idea.  She now gets the chairs set up by herself and creates trains, buses, tree houses, cat beds, houses, boats, etc.


Letter C Words
Candles
Car
Cardboard
Cat
Caterpillar
CD
Cereal
Chat
Cherry
Children
Chocolate
Christmas
Class
Clay
Cloud
Clown
Colors
Cow
Cotton Balls
Crayons
Crown
Cupcake
Crocodile
Cake
Camera
Card
Carrot
Crab
Clock
Clothes
Castles
Corn

No comments:

Post a Comment