Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Flower Collage


Sometimes Short Daughter wants to 'do crafting' before Mummy has her act together.  This morning she found these sparkly flower stickers and immediately wanted to use them.  So we decided to make a garden for them.

I laid down some baking paper and gathered together some plain green scrapbooking papers.
 
Then I lay the papers on top of each other and cut out some leaf shapes.


I covered a sheet of grey/green craft paper with Mod Podge then gave her the brush and the leaves.  I finished my coffee in peace, happily watching her paste on the leaves.  One of the things I love about Mod Podge is that it is really quick to dry so, when she had pasted all the leaves, the 'garden' was ready for its flowers to be stuck on.

Tip:  When a craft involves glitter always spray it with a coat of spray-on fixative, or give it a coat of Mod Podge before pinning it up for display. 


No comments:

Post a Comment